Marketing Assistant Required
WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS APPLIED, AND WE’LL BE GETTING BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN!
Eyrie Press is a very small press, run in the most part by one person – me! It’s been building steadily, but I simply don’t have enough hours in the day or week, and we need someone to take on the marketing activities, with the aim of building the press’s presence and increasing revenue.
This is a freelance, remote working role. The amount of work required will vary, but it is assumed 2-4 hours per week. A stipend of £100 a month will be paid. The role will run for 6 months initially, with the possibility of continuing and/or amending the arrangement after that.
We’re a small, friendly team. I’m the managing director, and there are three other directors who assist with the broader development of the press and with specific tasks as required. You can read more about us here.
This would be a great role for someone looking to gain an insight into indie publishing (and publishing in general) and some experience in the field.
• Run and develop the social media channels, currently Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Through social media and other methods as appropriate, maintain and build networks of contacts, including other small presses, publishing organisations, booksellers, book bloggers, writers and readers
• Arrange book reviews, author interviews etc.
• Run and develop the monthly Eyrie Press newsletter
• Attend video meetings with one or more of the Eyrie Press directors as necessary for planning and catch up
Other tasks may include:
• Posting on the Eyrie Press blog
• Updating the Eyrie Press website
• Helping to develop marketing materials
• Liaising with authors
• Assisting with book launches
• Running book blog tours
• Assisting with crowdfunding campaigns
As the role develops, there may be the opportunity to get involved in other aspects of publishing.
The kind of person we need
We’re looking for someone who is:
• Savvy, active and experienced in social media (and can demonstrate that)
• Interested in books and publishing
• A self-starter, able to work unsupervised; energetic and positive
• Able to write in a professional yet friendly/informal manner
• Capable of building and maintaining connections and relationships over social media
• Excellent at spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Tech savvy and a fast learner
It would also be very helpful if you have experience with Photoshop or similar (and have your own software), WordPress and Mailchimp.
Email me, Jane Spencer, at email@example.com, attaching your cv. Please tell us a little about who you are, why you’re the person for the job and why you’d like to do it! There’s no specific deadline – the position will remain open until we fill it.