Eyrie Press Short Story Competition
THE 2019 COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who entered! We’ll be announcing the shortlist soon.
As a social enterprise, one of our aims is to support writers from East Anglia, so our Short Story Competition is open exclusively to anyone aged 16 and over living in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, Suffolk or Lincolnshire. It is held annually in the autumn, and we are delighted to be supported by The Fens Magazine, who publish the winning entry. The magazine has a circulation of 18,000, with copies also available in Peterborough’s Queensgate Shopping Centre, so the winning entry is guaranteed a wide audience.
Stories can be on any theme, should have a maximum of 1000 words and be previously unpublished (including on websites, blogs or social media). The author of the winning entry will receive a cash prize of £75 and see their story published in the January 2020 issues of The Fens Magazine.
MORE DETAILS, AND HOW TO ENTER, BELOW …
The previous winning entries:
* In 2016 and 2017, the competition was run under our former name of Bird’s Nest Books.
QUICK GLANCE RULES
Eligibility – Open to adults (aged 16 and over) living in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire
Word Count – A maximum of 1000 words (excluding the title)
Theme/genre – There is no set theme or genre, but erotica and graphic horror cannot be accepted
Entry Fee – £5.00 per entry
Deadline – Midnight (GMT) Monday 4th November 2019
Read the FULL RULES here
Sue was a successful writer of romantic comedy for twenty years, then in 2015 she released her first thriller, Next of Kin, to stunning reviews and followed that up with the equally well-received Losing Leah. Jon is a writer of emotionally charged novels and novellas such as Playing Beneath the Havelock House and The Jack Newton Radio, and we are excited and honoured to be publishing his novella Silence and Songbirds later this year.
How to enter
- Read the FULL RULES
- Write your story!
- PAY THE ENTRY FEE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. Fees can be paid by debit or credit card. They will be processed by PayPal, but you don’t need a PayPal account.
- EMAIL YOUR ENTRY as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
– You’ll need to include your name, address and phone number, and the order number which will appear on your order confirmation email, but we’ll remind you of all that once you’ve paid the entry fee.
- REMEMBER THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY IS MONDAY 4TH NOV!