Eyrie Press Short Story Competition
The Eyrie Press Short Story Competition is run annually in the autumn and has become one of the highlights of our year.
As a social enterprise, one of our aims is to champion writers from our local area, so the competition is open exclusively to anyone aged 16 and over living in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk or Lincolnshire.
We are grateful for the support of The Fens Magazine, who publish the winning entry. The magazine has a circulation of 24,000, with copies also available in Peterborough’s Queensgate Shopping Centre, so a wide audience is guaranteed.
THE 2021 COMPETITION IS NOW OPEN!
Stories should be an original piece of writing, have a maximum of 1000 words and be previously unpublished (including on websites, blogs or social media). The author of the winning entry will receive a cash prize of £75 and see their story published in The Fens Magazine.
MORE DETAILS, AND HOW TO ENTER, BELOW …
GET 50% OFF OUR ONLINE COURSE ‘WRITING SHORT STORIES’
If you fancy a bit of encouragement, something to get the creative juices flowing, why not give our online course ‘Writing Short Stories‘ a go? It’s a self-study course arranged in six blocks, and you can follow it at whatever pace you wish. Find the course here and enter the code 2021COMP to get a 50% discount – that means you’ll pay just £40 for the entire course!
Previous short story competition winners:
The Last Moa by Gemma Wells. Read it here.
* In 2016 and 2017, we ran the competition under our former name of Bird’s Nest Books.
QUICK GLANCE RULES
Eligibility – Open to adults (aged 16 and over) living in Cambridgeshire (including Peterborough), Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire
Word Count – A maximum of 1000 words (excluding the title)
Theme/genre – There is no set theme or genre, but erotica and graphic horror cannot be accepted
Entries – Stories must be an original piece of writing, previously unpublished
Entry Fee – £5.00 per entry. Writers may enter more than one story, but each must be entered separately and accompanied by the £5.00 entry fee
Deadline for entries – Midnight (GMT) on Monday 1st November 2021
Read the FULL RULES here
To be announced.
How to enter
- Read the FULL RULES
- Write your story!
- PAY THE ENTRY FEE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. Fees can be paid by debit or credit card. They will be processed by PayPal, but you don’t need a PayPal account.
- EMAIL YOUR ENTRY as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
– You’ll need to include your name, address and phone number, and the order number which will appear on your order confirmation email, but we’ll remind you of all that once you’ve paid the entry fee.
- THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY IS MIDNIGHT (GMT) ON MONDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2021