Submissions – what are we looking for?
Eyrie Press publishes fiction for adults and young adults (YA). We don’t like to limit ourselves to any particular genre – we’re excited about all kinds of books – but we’re drawn to commercial/literary fiction, fantasy and science fiction!
We’re also really interested in non-fiction, such as memoirs, books aimed at niche hobbyists, knowledge sharing, or advice and inspiration type books.
We’re not specifically looking for children’s books at this time, but may consider them.
We’re a social enterprise and, as such, we’re mostly looking for:
- Titles that in some way feature individuals and communities that tend to be underrepresented in fiction. We have a particular soft spot for stories featuring characters involved in alternative education, especially home education.
- Submissions from writers from Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk.
However, our first question is, ‘Is this a great read?’ In fiction, even if you have a message to communicate, the story is of paramount importance. We are looking for character driven books that are well written, with a strong plot and entertaining narrative. In non-fiction, you’ll need to be very knowledgeable about your subject and able to write about it in an entertaining way.
If you would like to submit a book for our consideration, please follow the guidelines below.
We try to consider submissions as quickly as possible but we are a very small company and your patience is appreciated. If two months have passed without feedback from us, please feel free to enquire by email as to the progression of your submission.
Before you submit
Before you send your manuscript, please consider the following:
- Is your work as polished as it can be? Have you had it read and critiqued by someone else?
- Have you had it reviewed for grammar, punctuation and spelling?
- How can you help reach your audience? Should we publish your book, whilst we will work hard to publicise it, you will need to work with us via such methods as social media, blogs, interviews, public appearances and so on.
How to submit
We accept submissions by email only to submissions @ eyriepress.co.uk.
In the main body of your email, please give a short introduction to yourself and provide a summary of the work you are submitting. Please also describe the ways in which you could help reach your audience and mention any previous publishing experience.
Then attach the first 3 chapters as a single file, in Word or as a PDF. (We may be able to accept other formats – please ask).
If we are interested we will ask to read the complete manuscript.
If you are submitting a children’s picture book, please send the entire manuscript WITHOUT illustrations.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!