If you’d like to submit a non-fiction book to us, in the first instance please send a query email to submissions @ eyriepress.co.uk (don’t forget to take out the spaces!) telling us:
- What the book is about
- Your relevant qualifications or experience
- Who your intended audience is – who will buy this book and why? What steps have you taken to establish that there is a need for your book?
- Whether you are still writing the book or have finished
Please attach some sample chapters.
- Are you willing to work with us? All books go through an editing process and you may have to make changes to your book. We won’t dictate to you, nor will we try to change your ‘voice’ – it is your book after all – but we will expect you to be open-minded and work as part of a team to make your book the best it can be.
- How can you help reach your audience? While we work hard to publicise every book we publish, it’s important that you are prepared to put in the effort too, not just in the run-up to publication but on an ongoing basis. This can be in many ways – social media, blogs, interviews, public appearances and so on – and it’s a good idea to start creating your community and building your following now, before you submit. If you’re not sure how to do this, search the internet – there is plenty of advice out there. You could start by signing up for the free newsletter from The Empowered Author.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.